Contact the Grammar Anarchist with your questions about grammar and language at
Get a personal reply at

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Who Writes That Stuff?

At least two major chain stores in this area sport signs designating a “Stationary Department”. Isn't that sweet? A department that doesn't move! Doesn’t anyone else realize the word is stationery, with an “e”? An easy way to remember: paper is also spelled with “er”.

No comments: